Are you a creative web developer looking for something different?
The Being Group is looking for a full-time, in-house Web Developer to join our wonderful team.
Working closely with our Head of Web, designers and copywriters — plus the rest of our strategic and creative thinkers — you’ll help turn great ideas into powerful, effective websites.
Date published16 April 2021
- Custom front-end development
- Open-sourced CMS experience (Drupal/WordPress)
- WCAG accessibility
Start dateMay 2021
From our beautiful office in Millers Point, The Being Group strives to offer customers an all-inclusive, quality service from start to finish. With Strategy, Learning, Communications, Marketing, Branding, Design, Video, Photography, Audio and Web Development in one agency, the potential for clients to develop their business with us is limitless.
We’re looking for another great Being to join the fold.
If you enjoy taking on new challenges and want to work on something meaningful every day, with co-workers you actually like, that person might be you.
You have the following skills and experience.
- Experience in custom front-end and back-end development of PHP-based builds and open-sourced CMS, such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Command line experience in a Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Knowledge of W3C standards and WCAG accessibility compliance
- Demonstrated ability to produce clean and responsive builds, with proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- High level of understanding of SEO, accessibility, and standards-compliance
- Comfortable with Adobe Suite to translate designs to pixel-perfect responsive builds: Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Ability to build and maintain websites and web applications including initial setup, hosting, emails, domain names and troubleshooting
- Qualifications and relevant industry experience in a digital or design agency
- Experience with the Australian Government Digital Service Standard and Design System (highly desirable)
Additional qualities we’re looking for:
- Committed to understanding new technology and upgrading skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement solutions collaboratively and independently
- Understanding of project budgets and time frames
- Experience in taking a brief, developing concepts that align with client and end-user needs, and confident presentation
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Efficient work style, with the ability to be flexible and deliver high-quality work under pressure
More than anything we need someone who will fit into our culture, which is built on teamwork, creative excellence, quality and exceptional customer service.
After browsing our site and social media, please prepare a few paragraphs outlining why you think you’d be the perfect fit for The Being Group. Please note: applications without this section of the submission will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter, CV and summary of why you think you’re right for The Being Group to: email@example.com.
Ideally you would be able to start in May 2021.
Applications close midnight 23 April.
Interviews will take place at the end ofApril. Interview hours are flexible.
Please note: this job listing is open to Australian residents only. STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.