Seeking a mid-weight Front-End Web Developer to join The Being Group’s multidisciplinary strategic and creative team based in Sydney.
Are you a creative mid-weight front-end web developer looking for something different?
The Being Group is looking for a full-time, in-house mid-weight front-end web developer to join our wonderful team.
Date published22 October 2021
Start dateDecember 2021
Working closely with our Head of Web, web developers, designers, and copywriters — plus the rest of our strategic and creative thinkers — you’ll help turn great ideas into powerful, effective websites.
From our beautiful office in Millers Point, The Being Group strives to offer customers an all-inclusive, quality service from start to finish. With Strategy, Learning, Communication, Marketing, Branding, Design, Video, Photography, Audio and Web Development in one agency, the potential for clients to develop their business with us is limitless.
We’re looking for another great Being to join the fold.
If you enjoy taking on new challenges and want to work on something meaningful every day, with co-workers you actually like, that person might be you.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in custom front-end development of PHP-based builds and open-sourced CMS, such as Drupal and WordPress
- Demonstrated ability to produce clean and responsive builds, with proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Command line experience in a Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Knowledge of W3C standards and WCAG accessibility compliance
- High level of understanding of SEO, accessibility, and standards-compliance
- Comfortable with Adobe Suite to translate designs to pixel-perfect responsive builds: Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Ability to build and maintain websites and web applications including initial setup and troubleshooting
- Qualifications and relevant industry experience in a digital or design agency
- Experience with the Australian Government Digital Service Standard and Design System (highly desirable)
Additional qualities we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement solutions collaboratively and independently
- Commitment to understanding new technology and upgrading skills
- Experience in taking a brief, developing concepts that align with client and end-user needs, and confident presentation
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Efficient work style, with the ability to be flexible and deliver high-quality work under pressure
More than anything we need someone who will fit into our culture, which is built on teamwork, creative excellence, quality and exceptional customer service.
As our specialised in-house font-end web developer, you will be working closely with our web team and be client facing for presentations of your work.
This is a full-time position, based (when covid permits) in our beautiful office in Millers Point, Sydney. Sydney based applicants are preferred.
After browsing our site and social media, please prepare a few paragraphs outlining why you think you’d be the perfect fit for The Being Group.
Please note: applications without this section of the submission will not be considered.
Please email your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Applications close 20 December 2021.
Ideally you would be able to start ASAP.
Please note: this job listing is open to Australian residents only. STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.